Once the summer has passed, some places can still give their best, offering the ideal combination of pleasant weather and wonderful attractions. Liguria is just one of these places.
Destination chosen by many Italians and foreigners for summer holidays, the Ligurian territory takes on a magical and poetic perspective especially in the mild seasons, such as spring and autumn, making it the perfect place for free spirits, nature and cuisine lovers!
If you are thinking of taking a trip to Liguria this autumn, we have thought of a short list of unmissable places to visit in the months from October to December: from small jewel-like villages to the symbolic cities of our region. A trip to the Riviera di Levante through the Ligurian beauties:
- Let's start from Varese Ligure: included by the best tourist guides among the most beautiful villages in Italy, it is located in the heart of the Alta Valle del Vara, known as the "Valle del Biologico", thanks to the presence of numerous farms in the area. Built on the ridge or halfway up the coast, the many hamlets, with their churches, bell towers, ruins of castles and fortifications, organic farms, draw a landscape to be discovered little by little. The road that leads to the Passo delle Cento Croci and from there descends into the Val di Taro is beautiful.
- Still following the course of the Vara river, there is Brugnato, an ancient village with a pincer shape around the splendid cathedral. The intimacy enclosed by the squares cannot be lost: just imagine the scent of plums, plums, from which Brugnato took its name. In the hills a few kilometers from the town, the sanctuary of Our Lady of the Olive tree originates from one of the many oratories that the monks of the ancient abbey of Brugnato built in their possessions to pray and officiate during the day. The current construction dates back to the seventeenth century.
- Montemarcello: a promontory of narrow streets connected by stone stairways from which you can admire the sea of the Gulf of La Spezia, the mouth of the Magra river and a part of the Versilia coast. Archaeological excavations have made it possible to identify a vast pre-Roman necropolis around Ameglia.
- The territory of Borzonasca is located in the upper Sturla valley and is characterized by the high naturalistic value of the places. From the pastures and beech forests of the ridge to the chestnut groves of the valley floor, different environments follow one another, some with strong Mediterranean elements alongside others typically mountain and other lacustrine, thanks to the presence of the Giacopiane lake and the smaller ones of Zolezzi and Malanotte . The Municipality, in fact, is included in the Aveto Regional Natural Park, which extends in the northern and in the extreme south-eastern part of the municipal territory, along the ridge crossed by the Alta Via dei Monti Liguri, from which it is possible to reach the peaks of the Aiona, Zatta and Ramaceto mountains.
- Valuable Art Nouveau buildings, suggestive hills and a beautiful seafront are just some of the wonders that can be admired in La Spezia. A few kilometers away are the Cinque Terre and there are several military forts that can be visited for history lovers. The autumn season allows you to visit these places without the frenzy of summer tourism, which risks losing its charm to these hidden beauties.
- Portofino is one of the most famous and exclusive seaside resorts in the world, frequented for over two centuries by the most illustrious personalities of culture and entertainment. The landscape is unique: a row of tall and narrow houses of a thousand colors, clearly visible from the sea, enclose romantic streets behind them to be discovered. The pastel colors of the facades in autumn take on a warm note, which gives the eyes a unique spectacle of its kind. On the mountain, the seventeenth-century Brown castle is worth a visit, surrounded by a Mediterranean garden full of flowers, rose gardens and pergolas, and the church of San Giorgio, which houses the relics of the holy martyr soldier.
- We cannot fail to mention Genoa, splendid in every season of the year. A city to live and enjoy while strolling through the ancient alleys, a labyrinth of alleys to be discovered among ancient shops and medieval churches. At the corners of the buildings, don't forget to raise your head: magnificent votive shrines will appear like stars in a summer night sky.
Let yourself be conquered by the charm of Liguria and treat yourself to an autumn stay in this land of infinite resources! Book at our hotel via the button below and we will offer you a delicious welcome happy hour!