Take advantage of your stay at Miramare in Rapallo to visit the wonderful Riviera di Levante and its beauties to be discovered. Rapallo, in the heart of the Gulf of Tigullio, is positioned in a strategic point to be the basis for a complete tour of the Riviera di Levante.
Rapallo itself is among the most appreciated and famous places of Levante, with the long walk that leads to the castle located right by the sea. In the immediate vicinity of the city of Rapallo, we find some of the most romantic villages in Liguria:
- Chiavari, with its long beach flanked by the promenade that runs along the whole town;
- Zoagli and its marvelous balcony set among the rocks on the sea;
- Santa Margherita Ligure, elegant and refined, home of the red prawn, a delicacy not to be missed for those who pass through the city;
- Portofino, a glossy mix of nature, sea, food, music and celebrities from the present and the past, an unmissable stop on a tour of Liguria;
- San Fruttuoso, where there is the splendid abbey that can only be reached on foot or by ferry, an experience with a unique charm;
- Camogli, a living postcard, characterized by colorful houses and glimpses to be discovered by getting lost in the narrow streets of the center.
If, on the other hand, you can go beyond the Gulf of Tigullio, in less than an hour and a half by car you can reach many other destinations, worthy of note:
- Sestri Levante, where the enchanting Baia del Silenzio is located, breathtaking at sunset;
- Porto Venere, a few kilometers from La Spezia, with its small port that leads to the Church of San Pietro;
- the 5 Terre, the southernmost point of eastern Liguria, 5 small villages famous all over the world for their atmosphere with unique and magical characteristics.
When is the best time to visit the Riviera di Levante?
Surely the summer months are the most popular, but Liguria can be visited all year round thanks to the favorable climate guaranteed by the shape of the region, making it perfect to be visited also in spring and autumn.
During your tour, do not forget to taste the renowned culinary delicacies, typical of the area, such as the soft and fragrant focaccia di Recco, the real Genoese pesto, the historic chickpea porridge and the cappon magro, legendary dish of the Ligurian tradition.
What are you waiting for? Book your holiday to discover the Riviera di Levante now! We are waiting for you at Miramare in Rapallo!